COCA-I Camp Job Postings
COCA-I Camps Need Your Help!
Would you like to help out a COCA-I Camp? Have you ever thought about volunteering? How about a special donation?
COCA-I is strengthening the international community of camps for children with cancer and their families through networking, education, and advocacy since 1982. COCA-I member camps proudly served the needs of over 35,500 campers in 2014.
COCA-I & KOA Care Camps Strategic Partnership
In 2014 the Children's Oncology Camping Association, Intl. (COCA-I) formed a strategic partnership with KOA Care Camps (KOACC) with a mission to “To better serve children with cancer and facilitate a life changing camp experience to those wishing to participate.“
Welcome New Board Members for 2016!
The COCA-I membership voted and elected 2 new board members: Marilyn Scalf, John Hopkins Camp Sunrise, Baltimore, MD, and Tyler Olsen, Camp Magical Moments, Swan Valley, ID.
In addition, we would like to welcome Member-at-Large Matt Ruttler, Camp No Worries/Camp Happy Times, and Special Appointees Allen Brockman, Camp Rainbow Foundation, St. Louis MO., and Brian Crater, Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times, San Diego, CA.
2015 COCA-I Awards!
Take a few minutes to learn more about these special people!
- Region 2 - Julie Salemno
- Region 4 - Lauren Moskowitz
- Region 5 - Terri Boyce
- Region 6 - Dr. Kent Jolly
- Region 7 - Dr. Cathy Oster
- Region 9 - Liz Stableford
Highlights of 2015 Member Survey
2015 Camping Experiences Estimate – 35,500
- 10% increase in COCA-I membership 83 to 92 camps (about 1,000 kids)
- 44% of responding camps reported that enrollment was higher than 2014 (about 1,500 kids)
- Estimate More than 38,000 Camping Experiences in 2015!
Programs Offered during 2015
- 9 of 10 camps offer Weeklong camps
- 5 of 10 camps offer Sibling camps
- 4 of 10 camps offer Weekend camps
- 4 of 10 camps offer Family programs
- 4 of 10 camps offer Teen programs
Congrats 2015 Gold Ribbon Camps
COCA-I is pleased to announce that the following camps achieved Gold Ribbon status in 2015!
|Camp Good Days and Special Times|
|Camp Happy Days|
|Camp Rainbow Gold|
|Camp Rising Sun|
|Camp Sunshine Dreams|| |
|Kids Need More Camp Adventure|
|Seany's Camp Reach for the Sky|
|Sunrise Day Camp Long Island|
|Sunrise Day Camp Pearl River|